“Books Bücher ספרים”
by Eran Laor ז"ל
Dear Madam/Sir, shalom,
If you found these books where I left them for you, please know that they were writen by Eran Laor Z”L, and were at the place of my tante Helen Stone-Laor Z”L until she passed away.Eran was her beloved husband.
Eran’s books are mostly in German as he always wrote originally in that language. Nevertheless, some of his books were later translated into English, French and Hebrew. These books are not available at any bookstore and they are the testimonial of an incredible person who made aliyah prior to the Independence, and who lived his life to re-build our land.
I have been completing his collection in public libraries, educational institutes and olim centres. And finally, I would like that the rest of the books would pass to readers in Israel and to international visitors.
If you are connected to bookstores or book-fairs, if you can distribute the books among your friends, relatives, organisation members, or should you can display/sell them... I look forward to your contact.
The wish of Helen was to sell them so the money could go to a charity/amuta. After a long time trying to find a destination to the books --which were intended to be read and to be in the libraries of people who could appreciate this unique writings-- you can also donate a tenth of your sales to Helen’s favourite amutot*, always thinking of the importance of this legacy from one of those secret heroes of Israel: Eran Laor.
The titles available are:
- Orientalische Renaissance
- Ein Brief and die Juden
- Ein Leben für Israel (1980)
- חיים למען ישראל (A Life for Israel) 2000
- עמוד ענן עמוד אש (A Pillar of Cloud, A Pilar of Fire)
- Der Himmel stürtz ein, die Welt geht unter השמים קורסים העולם שוקע
- Die Grosse Einheit (1959)
- Achtzehn Gedichte (limited edition numbered by hand by the author)
- A Convention with the Occident גמר חשבון עם המערב
- Die königliche Kunst
- אתמול בשבילי (Yesterday for me)
- De la Simplicité de Dieu